Sunday, 16 April 2017

Week 3, Post 2 (Monday, April 24 - Sunday, April 30)

Through this program, I have changed from a year 1 office admin to a year 2 graduate legal admin working in the legal field. From research to in-class practice to the whole program itself it made me who I am today which is far better than a year ago.

I am not a fan of blogging. I have a lot of home life on my plate so me being super busy and being in workplace my days were limited from finishing work at 5 getting kids and so on. My blogs being an oh crap on the due date I was not a fan of. Sure it is nice reading what everyone is doing I guess but I would much rather do it in an E Conestoga discussion like the Quest for Wisdom course. Setting up a blog was a waste of time in my opinion, but that's just me.

The career path I have chosen is so far so good, let's just hope this one sticks as this will be my 3rd diploma. I have a tendency to get bored with a career from nursing to QA tech to now law, quite the jumps but only the future knows really.

I have developed my own standards of excellence in some ways. My work reflects me as a person so I want it to reflect me and bad work is not me so being said my standards are high.

6 comments:

  1. Tiffany,

    I did not know that this was your third career choice! I think by the sounds of all your diplomas that this one will be a good fit for you. It takes someone who can handle stress, a heavy work load, and can be a real "tiger" when it comes to getting deals done! Being mom, I think you already have the amazing skills of doing 100 things at once and getting things done! I hope you have enjoyed this program enough and seeing it applied through your co-op to know that this is your right path finally! Has their been anything however, in your placement, that makes you think you might get bored of this career?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boredom is my downfall... I think this may be calling though. I love working under authority (certain personalities though) I did first year nursing which was PSW back in the day as it was the easier route with the bridging programs but once I got working and soon became pregnant the goal of finishing nursing kind of got eliminated but with kids working Christmas day wasn't worth any amount of money when missing my kids. So I find that as life changes so does career and I am happy and hopeful that my life doesn't change to much anymore I am finally content.

      Delete
  2. Week 3, Comment 2 (Monday, April 24 - Sunday, April 30)

    Hey Tiff :) I am very happy that you are happy where you are in your placement. I'm also aware that our placements have ended now! :o I wonder how you are getting along with finding work in your chosen field and if there is a position there for you at Sorbara Law?

    I wasn't aware that you have a diploma in QA tech! This is Jacob's area! We are wondering what kind of tech you were used to QA'ing?!

    Be in touch, lady?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall keep in touch and call you tonight :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Tiff

    Wow You already have two diplomas. What are they? And What is QA tech?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have PSW 2007, now this, and QA Technician is Quality Assurance. I helped a company gain there SQF certificate in order for them to target retailers in the states such as Target, which then increased their revenue by a couple billion dollars :)

      Delete

Week 3, Post 2 (Monday, April 24 - Sunday, April 30)

Through this program , I have changed from a year 1 office admin to a year 2 graduate legal admin working in the legal field. From research...